Friday, September 4, 2009

Disney remaking YELLOW SUBMARINE?!?

Ack! Zemeckis and Disney remaking YELLOW SUBMARINE?!? It's all in the mind, y'know.

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Look, I love Robert Zemeckis' flicks and it's kind of appropriate that he tackle another Beatles film since his first real calling card as a director was the Beatlemania flick I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND, but YELLOW SUBMARINE is very, very dear to me.

I love the animation style, the biting satire and just plain weirdness of the original animated movie and I worry that remaking it will lose one of those key elements that made the original work so well. So, I'm a bit nervous. Disney and Zemeckis are quietly closing a deal on the remake which will have Zemeckis doing his performance capture thing in recreating the Blue Meanies' invasion of Pepperland... in 3-D. more...

No comments:

Post a Comment